Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Port Deposit, MD
Port Deposit, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Port Deposit
- Minimum Liability Limits in Port Deposit, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Port Deposit 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Port Deposit Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Port Deposit, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Port Deposit 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Port Deposit
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Port Deposit, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Port Deposit, MD 
Detailed information about Port Deposit laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Port Deposit
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Port Deposit, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Port Deposit regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Port Deposit
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Port Deposit Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Port Deposit
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Port Deposit, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Port Deposit produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Port Deposit
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Port Deposit, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Port Deposit produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Port Deposit
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Port Deposit, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Port Deposit produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Port Deposit, MD
Port Deposit Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Port Deposit 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Port Deposit Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Port Deposit 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Port Deposit Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Port Deposit, MD
Income: Port Deposit vs. Maryland
Median household income in Port Deposit, MD is $51,270, which is approximately 34 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Port Deposit, MD Income Breakdown
The town of Port Deposit has a median household income of $51,270, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 11 percent of all households in Port Deposit have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Port Deposit vs. Nation
The Port Deposit, MD median household income of $51,270 is approximately 12 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
About Port Deposit
The town of Port Deposit (Maryland) has an approximate population of 653 and is located in Cecil County. 
Port Deposit, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Port Deposit, or for additional resources related to Port Deposit Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)