Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Mount Airy, MD
Mount Airy, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Mount Airy
- Minimum Liability Limits in Mount Airy, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Mount Airy 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Mount Airy Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Mount Airy, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Mount Airy 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Mount Airy
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Mount Airy, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Mount Airy, MD 
Detailed information about Mount Airy laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Mount Airy
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Mount Airy, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Mount Airy regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Mount Airy
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Mount Airy Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Mount Airy
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Mount Airy, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Mount Airy produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Mount Airy
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Mount Airy, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Mount Airy produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Mount Airy
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Mount Airy, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Mount Airy produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Mount Airy, MD
Mount Airy Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Mount Airy 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Mount Airy Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Mount Airy 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Mount Airy Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Mount Airy, MD
Income: Mount Airy vs. Maryland
Median household income in Mount Airy, MD is $56,111, which is approximately 28 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Mount Airy, MD Income Breakdown
The town of Mount Airy has a median household income of $56,111, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 5 percent of all households in Mount Airy have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Mount Airy vs. Nation
The Mount Airy, MD median household income of $56,111 is approximately 4 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
About Mount Airy
The town of Mount Airy (Maryland) has an approximate population of 9,288 and is located in Carroll County. 
Mount Airy, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Mount Airy, or for additional resources related to Mount Airy Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)