Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Baltimore
- Minimum Liability Limits in Baltimore, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Baltimore 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Baltimore Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Baltimore, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Baltimore 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Baltimore
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Baltimore, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Baltimore, MD 
Detailed information about Baltimore laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Baltimore
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Baltimore, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Baltimore regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Baltimore
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Baltimore Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Baltimore
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Baltimore, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Baltimore produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Baltimore
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Baltimore, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Baltimore produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Baltimore
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Baltimore, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Baltimore produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Baltimore 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Baltimore Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Baltimore 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Baltimore Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Baltimore, MD
Income: Baltimore vs. Maryland
Median household income in Baltimore, MD is $42,006, which is approximately 46 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Baltimore, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Baltimore has a median household income of $42,006, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 25 percent of all households in Baltimore have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Baltimore vs. Nation
The Baltimore, MD median household income of $42,006 is approximately 28 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
The city of Baltimore (Maryland) has an approximate population of 620,961 and is located in Baltimore County. 
Baltimore, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Baltimore, or for additional resources related to Baltimore Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)