Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Crisfield, MD
Crisfield, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Crisfield
- Minimum Liability Limits in Crisfield, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Crisfield 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Crisfield Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Crisfield, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Crisfield 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Crisfield
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Crisfield, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Crisfield, MD 
Detailed information about Crisfield laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Crisfield
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Crisfield, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Crisfield regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Crisfield
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Crisfield Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Crisfield
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Crisfield, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Crisfield produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Crisfield
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Crisfield, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Crisfield produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Crisfield
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Crisfield, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Crisfield produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Crisfield, MD
Crisfield Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Crisfield 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Crisfield Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Crisfield 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Crisfield Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Crisfield, MD
Income: Crisfield vs. Maryland
Median household income in Crisfield, MD is $35,409, which is approximately 55 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Crisfield, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Crisfield has a median household income of $35,409, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 19 percent of all households in Crisfield have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Crisfield vs. Nation
The Crisfield, MD median household income of $35,409 is approximately 39 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
The city of Crisfield (Maryland) has an approximate population of 2,726 and is located in Somerset County. 
Crisfield, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Crisfield, or for additional resources related to Crisfield Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
$dyk = array(
"Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.",
"Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.",
"Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).",
"Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.",
"Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.",
"In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.",
"The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.",
"The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.",
"According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.",
"In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)"
$num = count($dyk);
$rand = (rand()%$num);
// "Motorcycle insurance is compulsory in every state with the exception of four: HI, MT, NH, & WA.",
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)