Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Marydel, MD
Marydel, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Marydel
- Minimum Liability Limits in Marydel, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Marydel 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Marydel Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Marydel, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Marydel 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Marydel
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Marydel, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Marydel, MD 
Detailed information about Marydel laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Marydel
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Marydel, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Marydel regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Marydel
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Rider & Driver Facts in Marydel, MD
Marydel Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Marydel 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Marydel Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Marydel 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Marydel Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Maryland
The town of Marydel (Maryland) has an approximate population of 141 and is located in Caroline County. 
Marydel, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Marydel, or for additional resources related to Marydel Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)