Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Caribou, ME
Caribou, ME Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Caribou
- Minimum Liability Limits in Caribou, ME: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Caribou 
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
Caribou Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Caribou, ME.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Caribou 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Caribou
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Caribou, ME
Motorcycle License Regulations in Caribou, ME 
Detailed information about Caribou laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Caribou
- Operation of a motorcycle, motor-drive cycle, or moped requires a special endorsement on a license.
- A person must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit.
- An instruction permit applicant must pass a vision test and a knowledge test related specifically to the safe operation of a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped. An applicant must complete a motorcycle driver education program.
- An instruction permit holder may operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped must wear a helmet. The permit does not allow the holder to carry a passenger or ride out of state.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Caribou, ME 
Various regulations and laws in Caribou regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Caribou
- Protective headgear is required for all riders under 18 and passengers of operators under 18, and operators with a learner's permit or within 1 year of successfully completing a driving test.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Maine.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Handlebars of a motorcycle may not be higher than shoulder level of the driver.
- A motorcycle must have a mirror mounted and adjusted to allow the driver a clear, reflected view of the highway in the rear for a distance of at least 200 feet.
Local Companies in Caribou Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Caribou
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Caribou, ME.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Caribou produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Caribou
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Caribou, ME.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Caribou produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Caribou
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Caribou, ME.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Caribou produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Caribou, ME
Caribou Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Caribou 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1000.
Caribou Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Caribou 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in ME 
- Maine ranked 40th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Caribou Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in ME 
- In 2012, Maine totaled 53,268 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 41st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: ME ranked 42nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Caribou, ME
Income: Caribou vs. Maine
Median household income in Caribou, ME is $56,149, which is approximately 15 percent greater than the median income of $49,025 in the state of Maine overall. 
Caribou, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Caribou has a median household income of $56,149, versus $49,025 for the entire state of Maine and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 14 percent of all households in Caribou have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Caribou vs. Nation
The Caribou, ME median household income of $56,149 is approximately 4 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maine
The city of Caribou (Maine) has an approximate population of 8,189 and is located in Aroostook County. 
Caribou, ME Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Caribou, or for additional resources related to Caribou Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maine DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)