Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Auburn, ME
Auburn, ME Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Auburn
- Minimum Liability Limits in Auburn, ME: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Auburn 
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
Auburn Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Auburn, ME.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Auburn 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Auburn
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Auburn, ME
Motorcycle License Regulations in Auburn, ME 
Detailed information about Auburn laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Auburn
- Operation of a motorcycle, motor-drive cycle, or moped requires a special endorsement on a license.
- A person must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit.
- An instruction permit applicant must pass a vision test and a knowledge test related specifically to the safe operation of a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped. An applicant must complete a motorcycle driver education program.
- An instruction permit holder may operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped must wear a helmet. The permit does not allow the holder to carry a passenger or ride out of state.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Auburn, ME 
Various regulations and laws in Auburn regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Auburn
- Protective headgear is required for all riders under 18 and passengers of operators under 18, and operators with a learner's permit or within 1 year of successfully completing a driving test.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Maine.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Handlebars of a motorcycle may not be higher than shoulder level of the driver.
- A motorcycle must have a mirror mounted and adjusted to allow the driver a clear, reflected view of the highway in the rear for a distance of at least 200 feet.
Local Companies in Auburn Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Auburn
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Auburn, ME.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Auburn produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Auburn
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Auburn, ME.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Auburn produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Auburn
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Auburn, ME.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Auburn produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Auburn, ME
Auburn Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Auburn 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1000.
Auburn Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Auburn 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in ME 
- Maine ranked 40th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Auburn Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in ME 
- In 2012, Maine totaled 53,268 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 41st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: ME ranked 42nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Auburn, ME
Income: Auburn vs. Maine
Median household income in Auburn, ME is $14,639, which is approximately 70 percent less than the median income of $49,025 in the state of Maine overall. 
Auburn, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Auburn has a median household income of $14,639, versus $49,025 for the entire state of Maine and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 15 percent of all households in Auburn have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Auburn vs. Nation
The Auburn, ME median household income of $14,639 is approximately 75 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maine
The city of Auburn (Maine) has an approximate population of 23,055 and is located in Androscoggin County. 
Auburn, ME Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Auburn, or for additional resources related to Auburn Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maine DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)