Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Gardiner, ME
Gardiner, ME Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Gardiner
- Minimum Liability Limits in Gardiner, ME: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Gardiner 
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
Gardiner Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Gardiner, ME.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Gardiner 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Gardiner
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Gardiner, ME
Motorcycle License Regulations in Gardiner, ME 
Detailed information about Gardiner laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Gardiner
- Operation of a motorcycle, motor-drive cycle, or moped requires a special endorsement on a license.
- A person must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit.
- An instruction permit applicant must pass a vision test and a knowledge test related specifically to the safe operation of a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped. An applicant must complete a motorcycle driver education program.
- An instruction permit holder may operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped must wear a helmet. The permit does not allow the holder to carry a passenger or ride out of state.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Gardiner, ME 
Various regulations and laws in Gardiner regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Gardiner
- Protective headgear is required for all riders under 18 and passengers of operators under 18, and operators with a learner's permit or within 1 year of successfully completing a driving test.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Maine.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Handlebars of a motorcycle may not be higher than shoulder level of the driver.
- A motorcycle must have a mirror mounted and adjusted to allow the driver a clear, reflected view of the highway in the rear for a distance of at least 200 feet.
Local Companies in Gardiner Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Gardiner
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Gardiner, ME.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Gardiner produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Gardiner
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Gardiner, ME.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Gardiner produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Gardiner
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Gardiner, ME.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Gardiner produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Gardiner, ME
Gardiner Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Gardiner 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1000.
Gardiner Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Gardiner 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in ME 
- Maine ranked 40th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Gardiner Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in ME 
- In 2012, Maine totaled 53,268 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 41st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: ME ranked 42nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Gardiner, ME
Income: Gardiner vs. Maine
Median household income in Gardiner, ME is $58,198, which is approximately 19 percent greater than the median income of $49,025 in the state of Maine overall. 
Gardiner, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Gardiner has a median household income of $58,198, versus $49,025 for the entire state of Maine and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 12 percent of all households in Gardiner have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Gardiner vs. Nation
The Gardiner, ME median household income of $58,198 is approximately 0 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maine
The city of Gardiner (Maine) has an approximate population of 5,800 and is located in Kennebec County. 
Gardiner, ME Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Gardiner, or for additional resources related to Gardiner Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maine DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)