Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Taunton, MA
Taunton, MA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Taunton
- Minimum Liability Limits in Taunton, MA: 20/40/5 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Taunton 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Taunton Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Taunton, MA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Taunton 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Taunton
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Taunton, MA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Taunton, MA 
Detailed information about Taunton laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Taunton
- Class M: A motorcycle or any other motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the rider and designed to travel with no more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground.
- To minimize the risk and maximize the fun of motorcycling, the Registry of Motor Vehicles sponsors the Massachusetts Rider Education Program (MREP).
- Junior Operators (under the age of 18) are required to complete the MREP basic rider course (which includes a motorcycle skills test) to get a motorcycle license in addition to the requirements needed to obtain a Junior Operator Class D License.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Taunton, MA 
Various regulations and laws in Taunton regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Taunton
- Every operator of or rider on a motorcycle must wear protective headgear and eye-goggles if motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield or screen.
- Motorcyclists are exempt from wearing protective headgear when participating in a parade.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with either a split service brake system or 2 independently actuated service brake systems.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with 1 white headlamp, 1 red rear lamp, 1 rear stop lamp, and a registration plate illuminator.
Local Companies in Taunton Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Taunton
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Taunton, MA.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Taunton produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Taunton
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Taunton, MA.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Taunton produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Taunton
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Taunton, MA.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Taunton produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Taunton, MA
Taunton Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Taunton 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or if property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Taunton Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Taunton 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MA 
- Massachusetts ranked 21st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Taunton Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MA 
- In 2012, Massachusetts totaled 124,121 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 25th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MA ranked 15th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Taunton, MA
Income: Taunton vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Taunton, MA is $22,210, which is approximately 69 percent less than the median income of $71,021 in the state of Massachusetts overall. 
Taunton, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Taunton has a median household income of $22,210, versus $71,021 for the entire state of Massachusetts and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 13 percent of all households in Taunton have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Taunton vs. Nation
The Taunton, MA median household income of $22,210 is approximately 62 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Massachusetts
The city of Taunton (Massachusetts) has an approximate population of 55,874 and is located in Bristol County. 
Taunton, MA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Taunton, or for additional resources related to Taunton Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
$dyk = array(
"Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.",
"Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.",
"Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).",
"Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.",
"Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.",
"In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.",
"The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.",
"The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.",
"According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.",
"In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)"
$num = count($dyk);
$rand = (rand()%$num);
// "Motorcycle insurance is compulsory in every state with the exception of four: HI, MT, NH, & WA.",
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Massachusetts DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)