Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Lynn, MA
Lynn, MA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Lynn
- Minimum Liability Limits in Lynn, MA: 20/40/5 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Lynn 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Lynn Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Lynn, MA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Lynn 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Lynn
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Lynn, MA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Lynn, MA 
Detailed information about Lynn laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Lynn
- Class M: A motorcycle or any other motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the rider and designed to travel with no more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground.
- To minimize the risk and maximize the fun of motorcycling, the Registry of Motor Vehicles sponsors the Massachusetts Rider Education Program (MREP).
- Junior Operators (under the age of 18) are required to complete the MREP basic rider course (which includes a motorcycle skills test) to get a motorcycle license in addition to the requirements needed to obtain a Junior Operator Class D License.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Lynn, MA 
Various regulations and laws in Lynn regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Lynn
- Every operator of or rider on a motorcycle must wear protective headgear and eye-goggles if motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield or screen.
- Motorcyclists are exempt from wearing protective headgear when participating in a parade.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with either a split service brake system or 2 independently actuated service brake systems.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with 1 white headlamp, 1 red rear lamp, 1 rear stop lamp, and a registration plate illuminator.
Rider & Driver Facts in Lynn, MA
Lynn Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Lynn 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or if property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Lynn Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Lynn 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MA 
- Massachusetts ranked 21st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Lynn Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MA 
- In 2012, Massachusetts totaled 124,121 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 25th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MA ranked 15th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Massachusetts
The city of Lynn (Massachusetts) has an approximate population of 90,329 and is located in Essex County. 
Lynn, MA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Lynn, or for additional resources related to Lynn Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Massachusetts DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)