Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Towson, MD
Towson, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Towson
- Minimum Liability Limits in Towson, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Towson 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Towson Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Towson, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Towson 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Towson
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Towson, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Towson, MD 
Detailed information about Towson laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Towson
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Towson, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Towson regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Towson
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Towson Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Towson
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Towson, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Towson produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Towson
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Towson, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Towson produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Towson
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Towson, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Towson produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Towson, MD
Towson Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Towson 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Towson Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Towson 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Towson Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Towson, MD
Income: Towson vs. Maryland
Median household income in Towson, MD is $204,733, which is approximately 163 percent greater than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Towson, MD Income Breakdown
The city of Towson has a median household income of $204,733, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 8 percent of all households in Towson have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Towson vs. Nation
The Towson, MD median household income of $204,733 is approximately 251 percent greater than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
The city of Towson (Maryland) has an approximate population of 51,197 and is located in Baltimore County. 
Towson, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Towson, or for additional resources related to Towson Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)