Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bowie, MD
Bowie, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bowie
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bowie, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bowie 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Bowie Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bowie, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bowie 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bowie
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bowie, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bowie, MD 
Detailed information about Bowie laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bowie
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bowie, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Bowie regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bowie
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bowie, MD
Bowie Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bowie 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Bowie Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bowie 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bowie Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Maryland
The city of Bowie (Maryland) has an approximate population of 54,727 and is located in Prince Georges County. 
Bowie, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bowie, or for additional resources related to Bowie Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)