Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Hallowell, ME
Hallowell, ME Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hallowell
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hallowell, ME: 50/100/25 
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 100 Required coverage up to $100,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Hallowell 
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
Hallowell Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Hallowell, ME.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Hallowell 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hallowell
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Hallowell, ME
Motorcycle License Regulations in Hallowell, ME 
Detailed information about Hallowell laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Hallowell
- Operation of a motorcycle, motor-drive cycle, or moped requires a special endorsement on a license.
- A person must be at least 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit.
- An instruction permit applicant must pass a vision test and a knowledge test related specifically to the safe operation of a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped. An applicant must complete a motorcycle driver education program.
- An instruction permit holder may operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle or moped must wear a helmet. The permit does not allow the holder to carry a passenger or ride out of state.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hallowell, ME 
Various regulations and laws in Hallowell regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hallowell
- Protective headgear is required for all riders under 18 and passengers of operators under 18, and operators with a learner's permit or within 1 year of successfully completing a driving test.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Maine.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Handlebars of a motorcycle may not be higher than shoulder level of the driver.
- A motorcycle must have a mirror mounted and adjusted to allow the driver a clear, reflected view of the highway in the rear for a distance of at least 200 feet.
Local Companies in Hallowell Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Hallowell
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Hallowell, ME.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Hallowell produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Hallowell
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Hallowell, ME.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Hallowell produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Hallowell
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Hallowell, ME.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Hallowell produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Hallowell, ME
Hallowell Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Hallowell 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1000.
Hallowell Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Hallowell 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in ME 
- Maine ranked 40th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Hallowell Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in ME 
- In 2012, Maine totaled 53,268 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 41st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: ME ranked 42nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Hallowell, ME
Income: Hallowell vs. Maine
Median household income in Hallowell, ME is $71,680, which is approximately 46 percent greater than the median income of $49,025 in the state of Maine overall. 
Hallowell, ME Income Breakdown
The city of Hallowell has a median household income of $71,680, versus $49,025 for the entire state of Maine and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 12 percent of all households in Hallowell have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Hallowell vs. Nation
The Hallowell, ME median household income of $71,680 is approximately 23 percent greater than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maine
The city of Hallowell (Maine) has an approximate population of 2,381 and is located in Kennebec County. 
Hallowell, ME Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Hallowell, or for additional resources related to Hallowell Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maine DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)