Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Kenmore, WA
Kenmore, WA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Kenmore
- Minimum Liability Limits in Kenmore, WA: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Kenmore 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Kenmore Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Kenmore, WA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Kenmore 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Kenmore
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Kenmore, WA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Kenmore, WA 
Detailed information about Kenmore laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Kenmore
- No person may drive a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle unless such person has a valid driver's license specially endorsed by the DOL to authorize the holder to drive such vehicles.
- A person holding a valid driver's license who wishes to learn to ride a motorcycle may apply for a motorcycle instruction permit. The DOL will issue an instruction permit after the applicant has passed all parts of the motorcycle examination other than the driving test.
- A person holding a motorcycle instruction permit may drive a motorcycle on the public highways if the person has immediate possession of the permit and a driver's license. A permit holder may not carry passengers and may not operate a motorcycle during hours of darkness. A motorcycle instruction permit is valid for 90 days.
- The DOL may waive all or part of the motorcycle endorsement examination for persons who satisfactorily complete the voluntary motorcycle operator training and education program.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Kenmore, WA 
Various regulations and laws in Kenmore regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Kenmore
- Any person riding or operating a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped must wear an approved helmet.
- For any person to operate a motorcycle, moped, or motor-driven cycle which does not have a windshield unless wearing glasses, goggles, or a face shield of a type conforming to rules adopted by the state patrol.
- A person operating a motorcycle must ride only upon the permanent and regular seat, and the operator must not carry any other person nor may any other person ride on a motorcycle unless the motorcycle is designed to carry more than 1 person. The motorcycle must contain foot pegs for each person the motorcycle is designed to carry.
- Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle must have its headlamps and tail-lamps lighted whenever the vehicle is in motion on a highway.
- Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle must be equipped with a license plate lamp, a rear red reflector, and a stop lamp.
Rider & Driver Facts in Kenmore, WA
Kenmore Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Kenmore 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $700.
- The deadline to file a report is 4 days.
Kenmore Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Kenmore 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 60 mph)
- Urban interstates: 60 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WA 
- Washington ranked 19th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Kenmore Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WA 
- In 2012, Washington totaled 217,301 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 13th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WA ranked 14th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Washington
The city of Kenmore (Washington) has an approximate population of 20,460 and is located in King County. 
Kenmore, WA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Kenmore, or for additional resources related to Kenmore Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Washington Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Washington DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)