Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Moab, UT
Moab, UT Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Moab
- Minimum Liability Limits in Moab, UT: 25/65/15 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 65 Required coverage up to $65,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Moab 
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Moab Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Moab, UT.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Moab 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Moab
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Moab, UT
Motorcycle License Regulations in Moab, UT 
Detailed information about Moab laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Moab
- A person who has been issued a motorcycle learner's permit may drive a motorcycle only during daylight hours and only without passengers.
- A motorcycle endorsement is required on all classes of license or a motorcycle-only license is required. An endorsement is valid for 5 years and expires on licensee's birthday in the 5th year.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Moab, UT 
Various regulations and laws in Moab regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Moab
- A person under the age of 18 may not operate or ride, unless within an enclosed cab, a motorcycle upon a highway unless that person is wearing protective headgear.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Utah.
- Motorcycles shall be equipped with footrests for each passenger and no person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars above shoulder height.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with 1 headlamp and 1 tail-lamp - either a tail lamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with 1 red reflector on the rear, 1 stop lamp, a braking system, a horn or warning device, and a mirror.
Rider & Driver Facts in Moab, UT
Moab Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Moab 
- Crashes are required to be reported in case of death, injury, or when property damage is in excess of $1,000.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Moab Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Moab 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph (Specified segments of road may have posted limits that exceed 75 mph)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in UT 
- Utah ranked 34th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Moab Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in UT 
- In 2012, Utah totaled 62,819 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 39th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: UT ranked 36th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Utah
The city of Moab (Utah) has an approximate population of 5,046 and is located in Grand County. 
Moab, UT Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Moab, or for additional resources related to Moab Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Utah Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Utah DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)