Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Ephrata, PA
Ephrata, PA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Ephrata
- Minimum Liability Limits in Ephrata, PA: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Ephrata 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Ephrata Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Ephrata, PA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Ephrata 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Ephrata
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Ephrata, PA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Ephrata, PA 
Detailed information about Ephrata laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Ephrata
- A motorcycle learner's permit entitles the person to whom it is issued to operate a motorcycle between sunrise and sunset, and unless already licensed while under the instruction and immediate supervision of a licensed motorcycle operator.
- Motorcycle learner's permit holder must not carry any passenger other than an instructor properly licensed to operate the motorcycle. A person may apply for a motorcycle learner's permit no more than three times in a five-year period and must successfully pass the motorcycle knowledge test each time he/she reapplies.
- If an applicant has successfully completed an approved motorcycle safety course that meets the requirements of the motorcycle operator's license examination administered by the Department, then the examination is waived.
- For a person 16 or 17 years old, in addition to meeting the six-month eligibility period and the 65 hours of on-the-road training, to obtain a motorcycle license, he/she must complete a Basic Rider Course offered by the Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program before licensure.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ephrata, PA 
Various regulations and laws in Ephrata regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ephrata
- All motorcyclists under 21 must wear a helmet. Motorcyclists 21 years of age or older who have either been licensed to operate a motorcycle for at least 2 years or who have completed the motorcycle safety program are exempt from wearing a helmet. If the motorcyclist is exempt, their passenger is also exempt as long as they are at least 21 years of age.
- All motorcycle riders and passengers must wear protective eye gear.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests and a handhold for the passenger.
- An occupant of a 3-wheel motorcycle with an enclosed cab does not have to wear a safety helmet or protective eye gear.
- There is no passenger age restriction in the state of Pennsylvania.
Local Companies in Ephrata Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Ephrata
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Ephrata, PA.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Ephrata produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Ephrata
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Ephrata, PA.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Ephrata produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Ephrata
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Ephrata, PA.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Ephrata produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Ephrata, PA
Ephrata Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Ephrata 
- Crashes are required to be reported immediately in cases of death, injury, or when a vehicle is rendered disables.
- All crashes must be reported within 5 days.
Ephrata Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Ephrata 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in PA 
- Pennsylvania ranked 5th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Ephrata Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in PA 
- In 2012, Pennsylvania totaled 419,282 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 4th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: PA ranked 6th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Ephrata, PA
Income: Ephrata vs. Pennsylvania
Median household income in Ephrata, PA is $38,370, which is approximately 31 percent less than the median income of $55,276 in the state of Pennsylvania overall. 
Ephrata, PA Income Breakdown
The borough of Ephrata has a median household income of $38,370, versus $55,276 for the entire state of Pennsylvania and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 11 percent of all households in Ephrata have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Ephrata vs. Nation
The Ephrata, PA median household income of $38,370 is approximately 34 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Pennsylvania
The borough of Ephrata (Pennsylvania) has an approximate population of 13,394 and is located in Lancaster County. 
Ephrata, PA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Ephrata, or for additional resources related to Ephrata Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Pennsylvania DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)