Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bellefontaine, OH
Bellefontaine, OH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bellefontaine
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bellefontaine, OH: 12.5/25/7.5 
- 12.5 Required coverage up to $12,500 for one individual injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 7.5 Required coverage up to $7,500 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bellefontaine 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Bellefontaine Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bellefontaine, OH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bellefontaine 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bellefontaine
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bellefontaine, OH
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bellefontaine, OH 
Detailed information about Bellefontaine laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bellefontaine
- The same age requirements apply to motorcycle licenses as driver's licenses.
- An applicant for a motorcycle operator's endorsement or a restricted license that permits only the operation of a motorcycle shall give an actual demonstration of the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle by driving the same under the supervision of an examining officer unless the applicant can show proof of successful completion within the preceding 60 days of a course of basic instruction provided by the motorcycle safety and education program approved by the director.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bellefontaine, OH 
Various regulations and laws in Bellefontaine regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bellefontaine
- No person who is under the age of 18 years, or who holds a motorcycle operator's endorsement or license bearing a 'novice,' shall operate a motorcycle on a highway, or be a passenger on a motorcycle, unless wearing a protective helmet on his or her head, and no other person shall be a passenger on a motorcycle operated by such a person unless similarly wearing a protective helmet.
- Each rider must wear safety glasses or other protective eye device.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The following equipment is required: 1 and no more than 2 headlights, at least 1 taillight/brake light, a horn that can be heard for at least 200 feet, and at least 1 rearview mirror.
- Handlebars may be no higher than the shoulders of the operator when seated.
Local Companies in Bellefontaine Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Bellefontaine
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Bellefontaine, OH.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Bellefontaine produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Bellefontaine
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Bellefontaine, OH.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Bellefontaine produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Bellefontaine
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Bellefontaine, OH.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Bellefontaine produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bellefontaine, OH
Bellefontaine Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bellefontaine 
- All crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- To obtain a copy of an actual traffic crash report, you will need to contact the investigating police agency.
Bellefontaine Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bellefontaine 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OH 
- Ohio ranked 6th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bellefontaine Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OH 
- In 2012, Ohio totaled 339,688 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 7th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OH ranked 7th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Bellefontaine, OH
Income: Bellefontaine vs. Ohio
Median household income in Bellefontaine, OH is $61,984, which is approximately 21 percent greater than the median income of $51,385 in the state of Ohio overall. 
Bellefontaine, OH Income Breakdown
The city of Bellefontaine has a median household income of $61,984, versus $51,385 for the entire state of Ohio and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 17 percent of all households in Bellefontaine have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Bellefontaine vs. Nation
The Bellefontaine, OH median household income of $61,984 is approximately 6 percent greater than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Ohio
The city of Bellefontaine (Ohio) has an approximate population of 13,370 and is located in Logan County. 
Bellefontaine, OH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bellefontaine, or for additional resources related to Bellefontaine Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
$dyk = array(
"Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.",
"Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.",
"Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).",
"Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.",
"Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.",
"In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.",
"The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.",
"The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.",
"According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.",
"In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)"
$num = count($dyk);
$rand = (rand()%$num);
// "Motorcycle insurance is compulsory in every state with the exception of four: HI, MT, NH, & WA.",
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Ohio DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)