Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Winnemucca, NV
Winnemucca, NV Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Winnemucca
- Minimum Liability Limits in Winnemucca, NV: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Winnemucca 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Winnemucca Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Winnemucca, NV.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Winnemucca 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Winnemucca
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Winnemucca, NV
Motorcycle License Regulations in Winnemucca, NV 
Detailed information about Winnemucca laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Winnemucca
- A person may not apply for a motorcycle license unless he or she is 16 years of age, has successfully completed any examinations issued by the DMV, and has completed a course of motorcycle safety.
- The other requirements are the same as for a regular license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Winnemucca, NV 
Various regulations and laws in Winnemucca regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Winnemucca
- Whenever operating a motorcycle, the driver and passenger shall wear a securely fastened helmet and protective glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- If a motorcycle is equipped with a transparent windscreen, the driver need not wear glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- Passengers shall ride behind the driver and astride the regular seat that was designed for 2 persons, astride another seat firmly attached to the rear of the driver, or in an attached sidecar. Passengers must have footrests.
- Handlebars may not extend above the uppermost portion of the driver's shoulders when the driver sits on the seat.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 rear tail lamp that emits a red light visible from 500 feet to the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in Winnemucca, NV
Winnemucca Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Winnemucca 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- Report of traffic accident needs to be completed within 10 days after an accident that occurred in Nevada and was not investigated at the scene by law enforcement.
Winnemucca Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Winnemucca 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NV 
- Nevada ranked 36th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Winnemucca Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NV 
- In 2012, Nevada totaled 69,641 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 35th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NV ranked 33rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Nevada
The city of Winnemucca (Nevada) has an approximate population of 7,396 and is located in Humboldt County. 
Winnemucca, NV Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Winnemucca, or for additional resources related to Winnemucca Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Nevada Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Nevada DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)