Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Ely, NV
Ely, NV Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Ely
- Minimum Liability Limits in Ely, NV: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Ely 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Ely Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Ely, NV.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Ely 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Ely
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Ely, NV
Motorcycle License Regulations in Ely, NV 
Detailed information about Ely laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Ely
- A person may not apply for a motorcycle license unless he or she is 16 years of age, has successfully completed any examinations issued by the DMV, and has completed a course of motorcycle safety.
- The other requirements are the same as for a regular license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ely, NV 
Various regulations and laws in Ely regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ely
- Whenever operating a motorcycle, the driver and passenger shall wear a securely fastened helmet and protective glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- If a motorcycle is equipped with a transparent windscreen, the driver need not wear glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- Passengers shall ride behind the driver and astride the regular seat that was designed for 2 persons, astride another seat firmly attached to the rear of the driver, or in an attached sidecar. Passengers must have footrests.
- Handlebars may not extend above the uppermost portion of the driver's shoulders when the driver sits on the seat.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 rear tail lamp that emits a red light visible from 500 feet to the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in Ely, NV
Ely Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Ely 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- Report of traffic accident needs to be completed within 10 days after an accident that occurred in Nevada and was not investigated at the scene by law enforcement.
Ely Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Ely 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NV 
- Nevada ranked 36th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Ely Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NV 
- In 2012, Nevada totaled 69,641 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 35th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NV ranked 33rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Nevada
The city of Ely (Nevada) has an approximate population of 4,255 and is located in White Pine County. 
Ely, NV Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Ely, or for additional resources related to Ely Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Nevada Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Nevada DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)