Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Elko, NV
Elko, NV Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Elko
- Minimum Liability Limits in Elko, NV: 15/30/10 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Elko 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Elko Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Elko, NV.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Elko 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Elko
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Elko, NV
Motorcycle License Regulations in Elko, NV 
Detailed information about Elko laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Elko
- A person may not apply for a motorcycle license unless he or she is 16 years of age, has successfully completed any examinations issued by the DMV, and has completed a course of motorcycle safety.
- The other requirements are the same as for a regular license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Elko, NV 
Various regulations and laws in Elko regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Elko
- Whenever operating a motorcycle, the driver and passenger shall wear a securely fastened helmet and protective glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- If a motorcycle is equipped with a transparent windscreen, the driver need not wear glasses, goggles, or face shields.
- Passengers shall ride behind the driver and astride the regular seat that was designed for 2 persons, astride another seat firmly attached to the rear of the driver, or in an attached sidecar. Passengers must have footrests.
- Handlebars may not extend above the uppermost portion of the driver's shoulders when the driver sits on the seat.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 rear tail lamp that emits a red light visible from 500 feet to the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in Elko, NV
Elko Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Elko 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- Report of traffic accident needs to be completed within 10 days after an accident that occurred in Nevada and was not investigated at the scene by law enforcement.
Elko Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Elko 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NV 
- Nevada ranked 36th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Elko Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NV 
- In 2012, Nevada totaled 69,641 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 35th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NV ranked 33rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Nevada
The city of Elko (Nevada) has an approximate population of 18,297 and is located in Elko County. 
Elko, NV Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Elko, or for additional resources related to Elko Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Nevada Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Nevada DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)