Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Brockton, MA
Brockton, MA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Brockton
- Minimum Liability Limits in Brockton, MA: 20/40/5 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Brockton 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Brockton Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Brockton, MA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Brockton 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Brockton
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Brockton, MA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Brockton, MA 
Detailed information about Brockton laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Brockton
- Class M: A motorcycle or any other motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the rider and designed to travel with no more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground.
- To minimize the risk and maximize the fun of motorcycling, the Registry of Motor Vehicles sponsors the Massachusetts Rider Education Program (MREP).
- Junior Operators (under the age of 18) are required to complete the MREP basic rider course (which includes a motorcycle skills test) to get a motorcycle license in addition to the requirements needed to obtain a Junior Operator Class D License.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Brockton, MA 
Various regulations and laws in Brockton regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Brockton
- Every operator of or rider on a motorcycle must wear protective headgear and eye-goggles if motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield or screen.
- Motorcyclists are exempt from wearing protective headgear when participating in a parade.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with either a split service brake system or 2 independently actuated service brake systems.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with 1 white headlamp, 1 red rear lamp, 1 rear stop lamp, and a registration plate illuminator.
Local Companies in Brockton Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Brockton
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Brockton, MA.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Brockton produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Brockton
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Brockton, MA.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Brockton produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Brockton
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Brockton, MA.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Brockton produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Brockton, MA
Brockton Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Brockton 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or if property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Brockton Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Brockton 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MA 
- Massachusetts ranked 21st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Brockton Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MA 
- In 2012, Massachusetts totaled 124,121 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 25th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MA ranked 15th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Brockton, MA
Income: Brockton vs. Massachusetts
Median household income in Brockton, MA is $11,742, which is approximately 83 percent less than the median income of $71,021 in the state of Massachusetts overall. 
Brockton, MA Income Breakdown
The city of Brockton has a median household income of $11,742, versus $71,021 for the entire state of Massachusetts and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 8 percent of all households in Brockton have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Brockton vs. Nation
The Brockton, MA median household income of $11,742 is approximately 80 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Massachusetts
The city of Brockton (Massachusetts) has an approximate population of 93,810 and is located in Plymouth County. 
Brockton, MA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Brockton, or for additional resources related to Brockton Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Massachusetts DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)