Motorcycle Insurance Providers in La Plata, MD
La Plata, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in La Plata
- Minimum Liability Limits in La Plata, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in La Plata 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
La Plata Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of La Plata, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in La Plata 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in La Plata
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in La Plata, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in La Plata, MD 
Detailed information about La Plata laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in La Plata
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in La Plata, MD 
Various regulations and laws in La Plata regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in La Plata
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in La Plata Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in La Plata
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near La Plata, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in La Plata produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in La Plata
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near La Plata, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in La Plata produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in La Plata
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near La Plata, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in La Plata produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in La Plata, MD
La Plata Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in La Plata 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
La Plata Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in La Plata 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
La Plata Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in La Plata, MD
Income: La Plata vs. Maryland
Median household income in La Plata, MD is $59,893, which is approximately 23 percent less than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
La Plata, MD Income Breakdown
The town of La Plata has a median household income of $59,893, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 6 percent of all households in La Plata have an income below poverty level. 
Income: La Plata vs. Nation
The La Plata, MD median household income of $59,893 is approximately 3 percent greater than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
About La Plata
The town of La Plata (Maryland) has an approximate population of 8,753 and is located in Charles County. 
La Plata, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in La Plata, or for additional resources related to La Plata Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)