Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Hampstead, MD
Hampstead, MD Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hampstead
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hampstead, MD: 30/60/15 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Hampstead 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Hampstead Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Hampstead, MD.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Hampstead 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) may be waived for the policyholder but is compulsory for passengers.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hampstead
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Hampstead, MD
Motorcycle License Regulations in Hampstead, MD 
Detailed information about Hampstead laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Hampstead
- A Class M license authorizes the licensee to drive motorcycles, but an applicant must be age 16 years 3 months before obtaining a provisional license. The same application procedures for a motor vehicle apply to a motorcycle application.
- An applicant under the age of 18 must complete a driver education and a motorcycle safety course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hampstead, MD 
Various regulations and laws in Hampstead regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hampstead
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective headgear.
- An individual may not operate or ride on a motorcycle unless the individual is wearing protective eye gear, or the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen. All face shields and protective eye gear must allow the wearer an angle of vision of not less than 105 degrees.
- If any motorcycle carries a passenger other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, the motorcycle shall be equipped with footrests for the passenger.
- A person may not operate a motorcycle with handlebars more than 15 inches in height above the seat.
- The operator of a motorcycle may not carry any other person on the motorcycle unless it has a permanent seat to the side or behind the operator.
Local Companies in Hampstead Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Hampstead
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Hampstead, MD.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Hampstead produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Hampstead
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Hampstead, MD.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Hampstead produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Hampstead
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Hampstead, MD.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Hampstead produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Hampstead, MD
Hampstead Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Hampstead 
- Crashes are required to be reported when in cases of injury or death.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Hampstead Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Hampstead 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MD 
- Maryland ranked 22nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Hampstead Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MD 
- In 2012, Maryland totaled 121,306 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 26th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MD ranked 24th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Hampstead, MD
Income: Hampstead vs. Maryland
Median household income in Hampstead, MD is $91,277, which is approximately 17 percent greater than the median income of $77,924 in the state of Maryland overall. 
Hampstead, MD Income Breakdown
The town of Hampstead has a median household income of $91,277, versus $77,924 for the entire state of Maryland and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 5 percent of all households in Hampstead have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Hampstead vs. Nation
The Hampstead, MD median household income of $91,277 is approximately 57 percent greater than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Maryland
The town of Hampstead (Maryland) has an approximate population of 6,323 and is located in Carroll County. 
Hampstead, MD Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Hampstead, or for additional resources related to Hampstead Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
$dyk = array(
"Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.",
"Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.",
"Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).",
"Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.",
"Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.",
"In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.",
"The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.",
"The number of miles you typically ride per a year and where you store your bike can directly affect your motorcycle insurance rates.",
"According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.",
"In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)"
$num = count($dyk);
$rand = (rand()%$num);
// "Motorcycle insurance is compulsory in every state with the exception of four: HI, MT, NH, & WA.",
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Maryland DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)