Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Elton, LA
Elton, LA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Elton
- Minimum Liability Limits in Elton, LA: 15/30/25 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Elton 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Elton Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Elton, LA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Elton 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Elton
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Elton, LA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Elton, LA 
Detailed information about Elton laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Elton
- There is no separate class of driver's license for motorcycle riders.
- To operate a motorcycle, a person must obtain an endorsement to his or her regular driver's license. An endorsement can be obtained by passing an operation skills test and a knowledge test. An operation skills test does not have to be taken if the applicant successfully completed the Department-approved Motorcycle Safety, Awareness, and Operation Training Program.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Elton, LA 
Various regulations and laws in Elton regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Elton
- All motorcycle riders must wear a properly equipped safety helmet.
- All motorcycle operators must wear protective eye gear, unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windshield of sufficient height to protect the operator's eyes.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every new motorcycle sold in Louisiana must have 2 red reflectors. All other motorcycles must have at least 1 reflector, which must be mounted properly so that it is visible for at least 100 feet.
- Every motorcycle must have 2 properly equipped white headlights on the front of the motorcycle that emit a white beam.
Rider & Driver Facts in Elton, LA
Elton Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Elton 
- Crashes must be reported immediately in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500. Crashes must be reported when property damage exceeds $100.
- The deadline to file a report is 1 day.
Elton Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Elton 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in LA 
- Louisiana ranked 24th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Elton Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in LA 
- In 2012, Louisiana totaled 68,297 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 36th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: LA ranked 23rd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Louisiana
The town of Elton (Louisiana) has an approximate population of 1,128 and is located in Jefferson Davis County. 
Elton, LA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Elton, or for additional resources related to Elton Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Louisiana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)