Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Edwardsville, KS
Edwardsville, KS Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Edwardsville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Edwardsville, KS: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Edwardsville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Edwardsville Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Edwardsville, KS.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Edwardsville 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Edwardsville
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Edwardsville, KS
Motorcycle License Regulations in Edwardsville, KS 
Detailed information about Edwardsville laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Edwardsville
- Operators of motorcycles must obtain a Class M license.
- Applicants for a motorcycle license must fulfill the same requirements as applicants for motor vehicles, except that applicants for class M licenses who have completed prior approved motorcycle safety training are not required to complete further written and driving testing.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Edwardsville, KS 
Various regulations and laws in Edwardsville regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Edwardsville
- All persons operating or riding on a motorcycle or motorized bicycle under the age of 18 shall wear a helmet.
- No person shall operate a motorcycle unless that person is either wearing protective glasses, goggles, or transparent windshields, or whose motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen with a 10-inch minimum height. Passengers under age 18 must wear an eye-protective device which shall consist of protective glasses, goggles or transparent face shields that are shatter proof and impact resistant.
- A person operating a motorcycle shall ride only upon the permanent and regular seat, and shall not carry another person unless the motorcycle has either a permanent and regular seat designed for 2 persons or has a second seat and footrests firmly attached to the rear or side of the front driver's seat.
- All motorcycles and motor-driven cycles shall be equipped with at least 1 headlamp, 1 tail lamp, and 1 white light capable of illuminating the rear license plate from at least 50 feet.
- All motorcycles and motor-driven cycles shall be equipped with at least 1 red rear reflector and 1 rear stop lamp.
Rider & Driver Facts in Edwardsville, KS
Edwardsville Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Edwardsville 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,500.
Edwardsville Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Edwardsville 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in KS 
- Kansas ranked 32nd in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Edwardsville Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in KS 
- In 2012, Kansas totaled 81,578 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 31st in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: KS ranked 32nd in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Kansas
The city of Edwardsville (Kansas) has an approximate population of 4,340 and is located in Wyandotte County. 
Edwardsville, KS Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Edwardsville, or for additional resources related to Edwardsville Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Kansas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Kansas DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)