Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Westfield, IN
Westfield, IN Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Westfield
- Minimum Liability Limits in Westfield, IN: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Westfield 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Westfield Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Westfield, IN.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Westfield 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Westfield
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Westfield, IN
Motorcycle License Regulations in Westfield, IN 
Detailed information about Westfield laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Westfield
- The operator of a motorcycle may have either a motorcycle learner's permit or a commercial or a regular driver's license, chauffeur's license, or public passenger chauffeur's license with a motorcycle endorsement.
- A temporary motorcycle learner's permit can be issued to a person who holds a valid operator, chauffer or public passenger chauffer base license and passes a vision screening and motorcycle knowledge test. A learner's permit allows the driver to drive on the highway for a period of 1 year as long as the driver wears a helmet, does not carry passengers, and only operates the motorcycle during daylight hours.
- A motorcycle license endorsement may be issued if the operator passes a motorcycle skills test or provides proof of completing the Motorcycle Operator's Safety Education Training course as well as a vision screening or has a current motorcycle operator endorsement or license from any other jurisdiction and successfully completes the written test.
- A motorcycle learner's permit cannot be issued to a person younger than 16 and 180 days of age.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Westfield, IN 
Various regulations and laws in Westfield regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Westfield
- Helmet is required for all riders and passengers under the age of 18.
- Eye protection is required for all riders and passengers under the age of 18.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A motorcycle operated on the roads of Indiana must be equipped with handlebars that are not higher than the shoulders of the driver when seated in the saddle.
- Motorcycles must have good working front and rear brakes, and be equipped with lights and reflectors meeting the standards of the U.S. DOT.
Rider & Driver Facts in Westfield, IN
Westfield Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Westfield 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported if they result in death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported if property damage exceeds $750.
Westfield Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Westfield 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 65 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in IN 
- Indiana ranked 13th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Westfield Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in IN 
- In 2012, Indiana totaled 223,103 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 12th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: IN ranked 13th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Indiana
The city of Westfield (Indiana) has an approximate population of 30,068 and is located in Hamilton County. 
Westfield, IN Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Westfield, or for additional resources related to Westfield Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Indiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Indiana DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)