Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Ashdown, AR
Ashdown, AR Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Ashdown
- Minimum Liability Limits in Ashdown, AR: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Ashdown 
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Ashdown Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Ashdown, AR.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Ashdown 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Ashdown
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Ashdown, AR
Motorcycle License Regulations in Ashdown, AR 
Detailed information about Ashdown laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Ashdown
- Licenses are required for motorcycles: Minimum age is 16.
- Certificate is issued by state police. Title and registration are required. Written and road tests are required.
- Ages 14 and older may use motor-driven cycle (engine between 50 cc and 250 cc) or motor-driven bicycle (engine up to 50 cc).
- Ages 10 and older may use a motorized bicycle but only on private property and within a municipality with a population of ten thousand (10,000) or more.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ashdown, AR 
Various regulations and laws in Ashdown regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Ashdown
- Safety helmet is required for riders under 21.
- Goggles or face shield is required.
- Passenger seat and footrests are required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle shall have either 1 or 2 headlights; a red rear light; electrical turn signals; and at least 1 reflector.
- Driver is required to display lighted lamps at all times though, between sunrise and sunset, may operate either a continuous or pulsating beam.
Rider & Driver Facts in Ashdown, AR
Ashdown Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Ashdown 
- Crashes involving death or injury are required to be reported immediately.
- Crashes involving property damage exceeding $1000 are required to be reported within 30 days.
Ashdown Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Ashdown 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph (Trucks: 65 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in AR 
- Arkansas ranked 30th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Ashdown Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in AR 
- In 2012, Arkansas totaled 76,085 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 33rd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: AR ranked 31st in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Arkansas
The city of Ashdown (Arkansas) has an approximate population of 4,723 and is located in Little River County. 
Ashdown, AR Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Ashdown, or for additional resources related to Ashdown Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Arkansas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Arkansas DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)