Motorcycle Insurance Providers in New Richmond, WI
New Richmond, WI Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in New Richmond
- Minimum Liability Limits in New Richmond, WI: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in New Richmond 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
New Richmond Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of New Richmond, WI.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in New Richmond 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in New Richmond
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in New Richmond, WI
Motorcycle License Regulations in New Richmond, WI 
Detailed information about New Richmond laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in New Richmond
- Persons under the age of 18 will not be issued a Class M license unless the person has successfully completed an approved basic rider course.
- Failure of the driving skills test on 2 previous occasions necessitates successful completion of an approved rider course before a license will be issued.
- Motorcycle permits are available and are valid for 6 months. A permit holder may only transport passengers who hold a license endorsed for operation of a motorcycle and have at least 2 years of driving experience. A permit holder may operate a motorcycle during the hours of darkness only when accompanied by such a passenger who is at least 25 years old.
- The driving skills test may be waived by persons who hold a motorcycle permit and have completed an approved basic driver course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in New Richmond, WI 
Various regulations and laws in New Richmond regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in New Richmond
- No person who holds an instruction permit or who is under the age of 18 may operate a motorcycle unless the person is wearing protective headgear, and no person may carry a passenger under 18 years of age unless the passenger is wearing protective headgear.
- No person may operate a motorcycle without wearing a protective face shield attached to headgear, glasses, or goggles.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with footrests or pegs such that any passenger can rest his or her feet when the motorcycle is in motion.
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle if the handgrips are more than 30 inches above the lowest point of the top of the driver's seat.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with 1 or 2 headlamps. Headlamps must be in use whenever the motorcycle is in operation.
Rider & Driver Facts in New Richmond, WI
New Richmond Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in New Richmond 
- Crashes are required to be reported when involving death or injury or when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is one day.
New Richmond Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in New Richmond 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WI 
- Wisconsin ranked 20th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
New Richmond Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WI 
- In 2012, Wisconsin totaled 280,974 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 9th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WI ranked 17th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Wisconsin
About New Richmond
The city of New Richmond (Wisconsin) has an approximate population of 8,375 and is located in Saint Croix County. 
New Richmond, WI Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in New Richmond, or for additional resources related to New Richmond Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Wisconsin Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Wisconsin DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)