Motorcycle Insurance Providers in New Lisbon, WI
New Lisbon, WI Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in New Lisbon
- Minimum Liability Limits in New Lisbon, WI: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in New Lisbon 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
New Lisbon Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of New Lisbon, WI.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in New Lisbon 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in New Lisbon
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in New Lisbon, WI
Motorcycle License Regulations in New Lisbon, WI 
Detailed information about New Lisbon laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in New Lisbon
- Persons under the age of 18 will not be issued a Class M license unless the person has successfully completed an approved basic rider course.
- Failure of the driving skills test on 2 previous occasions necessitates successful completion of an approved rider course before a license will be issued.
- Motorcycle permits are available and are valid for 6 months. A permit holder may only transport passengers who hold a license endorsed for operation of a motorcycle and have at least 2 years of driving experience. A permit holder may operate a motorcycle during the hours of darkness only when accompanied by such a passenger who is at least 25 years old.
- The driving skills test may be waived by persons who hold a motorcycle permit and have completed an approved basic driver course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in New Lisbon, WI 
Various regulations and laws in New Lisbon regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in New Lisbon
- No person who holds an instruction permit or who is under the age of 18 may operate a motorcycle unless the person is wearing protective headgear, and no person may carry a passenger under 18 years of age unless the passenger is wearing protective headgear.
- No person may operate a motorcycle without wearing a protective face shield attached to headgear, glasses, or goggles.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with footrests or pegs such that any passenger can rest his or her feet when the motorcycle is in motion.
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle if the handgrips are more than 30 inches above the lowest point of the top of the driver's seat.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with 1 or 2 headlamps. Headlamps must be in use whenever the motorcycle is in operation.
Rider & Driver Facts in New Lisbon, WI
New Lisbon Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in New Lisbon 
- Crashes are required to be reported when involving death or injury or when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is one day.
New Lisbon Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in New Lisbon 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WI 
- Wisconsin ranked 20th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
New Lisbon Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WI 
- In 2012, Wisconsin totaled 280,974 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 9th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WI ranked 17th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Wisconsin
About New Lisbon
The city of New Lisbon (Wisconsin) has an approximate population of 2,554 and is located in Juneau County. 
New Lisbon, WI Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in New Lisbon, or for additional resources related to New Lisbon Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Wisconsin Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Wisconsin DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)