Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Middlebourne, WV
Middlebourne, WV Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Middlebourne
- Minimum Liability Limits in Middlebourne, WV: 20/40/10 
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 40 Required coverage up to $40,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Middlebourne 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Middlebourne Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Middlebourne, WV.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Middlebourne 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Middlebourne
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Middlebourne, WV
Motorcycle License Regulations in Middlebourne, WV 
Detailed information about Middlebourne laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Middlebourne
- A separate motorcycle examination is required to obtain a license that authorizes the operation of a motorcycle. The examination tests the applicant's knowledge of the operation of a motorcycle, any traffic laws relating to the operation of a motorcycle, and includes an actual demonstration of the ability to drive a motorcycle.
- Upon successful completion of an examination and paying the required fees, the DMV shall include a motorcycle endorsement on the license of the applicant or shall issue a special motorcycle-only license if the applicant does not possess a license.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Middlebourne, WV 
Various regulations and laws in Middlebourne regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Middlebourne
- The operator or passengers on a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle must wear a protective helmet with a neck or chin-strap.
- The operator or passengers on a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle must wear safety, shatter-resistant eyeglasses, eye goggles, or face shields. If any motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped is equipped with a windshield or windscreen, the windshield or windscreen must be constructed of safety, shatter-resistant material.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, and moped must display lighted headlamps at all times when on the highway.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 to 2 headlamps, at least 1 brake operated by hand or foot, and a rearview mirror.
Rider & Driver Facts in Middlebourne, WV
Middlebourne Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Middlebourne 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Middlebourne Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Middlebourne 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in WV 
- West Virginia ranked 38th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Middlebourne Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in WV 
- In 2012, West Virginia totaled 57,921 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 40th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: WV ranked 39th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about West Virginia
The town of Middlebourne (West Virginia) has an approximate population of 815 and is located in Tyler County. 
Middlebourne, WV Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Middlebourne, or for additional resources related to Middlebourne Motorcycle Insurance, visit the West Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, there is no motorcycle helmet use law in two states (Illinois and Iowa).
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or West Virginia DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)