Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Bluff City, TN
Bluff City, TN Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Bluff City
- Minimum Liability Limits in Bluff City, TN: 25/50/15 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: Instead of policy limits, policyholders can satisfy the requirement with a combined single limit policy.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Bluff City 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Bluff City Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Bluff City, TN.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Bluff City 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Bluff City
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Bluff City, TN
Motorcycle License Regulations in Bluff City, TN 
Detailed information about Bluff City laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Bluff City
- A person who is at least 16 years of age and a legal resident of Tennessee may apply for a motorcycle license.
- Minors who are 15 years of age and legal residents of Tennessee may apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. Permit holders may only operate during daylight hours, are limited to a 20 mile radius of the permit holder's home, may not operate a motorcycle on the Interstate system, may not operate a motorcycle with an engine size greater than 650cc, and may not carry any passengers.
- Applicants who have successfully completed a motorcycle rider training course may be exempted from taking the licensing skills test and/or the knowledge test.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bluff City, TN 
Various regulations and laws in Bluff City regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Bluff City
- All motorcycle operators and passengers on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet, unless the person is over age 21 and in an enclosed cab.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with a windshield, or the operator and any passenger must wear safety goggles, face shields, or glasses containing impact resistant lenses.
- Motorcycles must be equipped with a rearview mirror mounted on the left handlebar in an upright position and securely attached footrests for the driver and passenger.
- Every motorcycle must be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps, which must be on at all times during operation.
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle unless seated in the regular seat with one leg on each side and with the headlamp illuminated.
Rider & Driver Facts in Bluff City, TN
Bluff City Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Bluff City 
- Crashes involving death, injury, or when property damage is in excess of $400, are required to be reported.
- Reports must be submitted within 20 days from the crash.
Bluff City Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Bluff City 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in TN 
- Tennessee ranked 15th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Bluff City Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in TN 
- In 2012, Tennessee totaled 167,566 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 20th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: TN ranked 16th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Tennessee
About Bluff City
The city of Bluff City (Tennessee) has an approximate population of 1,733 and is located in Sullivan County. 
Bluff City, TN Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Bluff City, or for additional resources related to Bluff City Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Tennessee Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Tennessee DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)