Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Hanahan, SC
Hanahan, SC Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hanahan
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hanahan, SC: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Hanahan 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Hanahan Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Hanahan, SC.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Hanahan 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hanahan
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Hanahan, SC
Motorcycle License Regulations in Hanahan, SC 
Detailed information about Hanahan laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Hanahan
- A motorcycle vehicle examination will be provided where the knowledge and skills examination for a commercial driver's license is offered.
- The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) offers a safety course for motorcycle riders throughout South Carolina.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hanahan, SC 
Various regulations and laws in Hanahan regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hanahan
- It is illegal for any person under the age of 21 to operate or ride on a motorcycle or a moped unless he or she wears a protective helmet approved by the Department. Such a helmet must be equipped with either a neck or chin strap and be reflectorized on both sides.
- It is illegal for any person under the age of 21 to operate a moped or a motorcycle unless he or she wears goggles or a face shield of a type approved by the Department.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests for that passenger.
- Every motorcycle and every moped must be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps. Every motorcycle and every moped must have at least 1 rear reflector.
- Any person who operates a motorcycle or moped must have the headlights on at all times.
Rider & Driver Facts in Hanahan, SC
Hanahan Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Hanahan 
- Crashes are required to be reported in case of death, injury, or when property damage is in excess of $1,000.
- The deadline to report a crash is 15 days.
Hanahan Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Hanahan 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in SC 
- South Carolina ranked 18th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Hanahan Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in SC 
- In 2012, South Carolina totaled 112,239 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 27th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: SC ranked 25th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about South Carolina
The city of Hanahan (South Carolina) has an approximate population of 17,997 and is located in Charleston County. 
Hanahan, SC Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Hanahan, or for additional resources related to Hanahan Motorcycle Insurance, visit the South Carolina Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or South Carolina DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)