Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Barkeyville, PA
Barkeyville, PA Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Barkeyville
- Minimum Liability Limits in Barkeyville, PA: 15/30/5 
- 15 Required coverage up to $15,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 5 Required coverage up to $5,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Barkeyville 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Barkeyville Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Barkeyville, PA.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Barkeyville 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Barkeyville
- Motorcycle helmets required for 20 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Barkeyville, PA
Motorcycle License Regulations in Barkeyville, PA 
Detailed information about Barkeyville laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Barkeyville
- A motorcycle learner's permit entitles the person to whom it is issued to operate a motorcycle between sunrise and sunset, and unless already licensed while under the instruction and immediate supervision of a licensed motorcycle operator.
- Motorcycle learner's permit holder must not carry any passenger other than an instructor properly licensed to operate the motorcycle. A person may apply for a motorcycle learner's permit no more than three times in a five-year period and must successfully pass the motorcycle knowledge test each time he/she reapplies.
- If an applicant has successfully completed an approved motorcycle safety course that meets the requirements of the motorcycle operator's license examination administered by the Department, then the examination is waived.
- For a person 16 or 17 years old, in addition to meeting the six-month eligibility period and the 65 hours of on-the-road training, to obtain a motorcycle license, he/she must complete a Basic Rider Course offered by the Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program before licensure.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Barkeyville, PA 
Various regulations and laws in Barkeyville regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Barkeyville
- All motorcyclists under 21 must wear a helmet. Motorcyclists 21 years of age or older who have either been licensed to operate a motorcycle for at least 2 years or who have completed the motorcycle safety program are exempt from wearing a helmet. If the motorcyclist is exempt, their passenger is also exempt as long as they are at least 21 years of age.
- All motorcycle riders and passengers must wear protective eye gear.
- Any motorcycle carrying a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, must be equipped with footrests and a handhold for the passenger.
- An occupant of a 3-wheel motorcycle with an enclosed cab does not have to wear a safety helmet or protective eye gear.
- There is no passenger age restriction in the state of Pennsylvania.
Rider & Driver Facts in Barkeyville, PA
Barkeyville Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Barkeyville 
- Crashes are required to be reported immediately in cases of death, injury, or when a vehicle is rendered disables.
- All crashes must be reported within 5 days.
Barkeyville Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Barkeyville 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in PA 
- Pennsylvania ranked 5th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Barkeyville Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in PA 
- In 2012, Pennsylvania totaled 419,282 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 4th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: PA ranked 6th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Pennsylvania
The borough of Barkeyville (Pennsylvania) has an approximate population of 207 and is located in Venango County. 
Barkeyville, PA Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Barkeyville, or for additional resources related to Barkeyville Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Pennsylvania DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)