Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Winston, OR
Winston, OR Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Winston
- Minimum Liability Limits in Winston, OR: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Winston 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Winston Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Winston, OR.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Winston 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory when uninsured motorist liability limit is greater than the required financial responsibility.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Winston
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Winston, OR
Motorcycle License Regulations in Winston, OR 
Detailed information about Winston laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Winston
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to the holder of a valid license provided any tests and demonstrations are successfully completed.
- Completion of an approved motorcycle rider education course is required to obtain an unrestricted motorcycle endorsement. Courses for 3-wheel motorcycles are not available, and persons wishing to operate only 3-wheel motorcycles must pass a drive test at DMV to obtain an endorsement limited to 3-wheel motorcycle operation.
- A motorcycle instruction permit may be issued only to persons who are at least 16 years old and is valid for 1 year. The holder of a motorcycle instruction permit may only operate a motorcycle during daylight hours, must be accompanied by a motorcycle-endorsed rider on a separate motorcycle who is at least 21 years of age, may not carry any passengers, and must wear an approved helmet.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Winston, OR 
Various regulations and laws in Winston regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Winston
- The operator of a motorcycle, and all passengers on a motorcycle, must wear an approved safety helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Oregon.
- It is unlawful to carry a passenger on a motorcycle unless the motorcycle is equipped with footrests for the passenger, and the passenger is seated on a permanent and regular seat.
- Motorcycles and mopeds must be equipped with at least 1 and no more than 3 headlights, 1 tail light, 1 brake light, a registration plate light, turn signal lights, and rear reflectors.
- At all times that a motorcycle is operated on a highway, it must display a lighted headlight(s).
Local Companies in Winston Related to Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance in Winston
Companies & agents providing motorcycle insurance services in or near Winston, OR.
Sorry, no local Motorcycle Insurance providers found.
Our search for Motorcycle Insurance providers located in Winston produced no matches.
Motorcycle Dealers in Winston
Dealerships selling new and/or used motorcycles locally in or near Winston, OR.
Sorry, no local motorcycle dealers were found.
Our search for motorcycle dealers located in Winston produced no matches.
Motorcycle Training in Winston
Companies offering motorcycle training in or near Winston, OR.
Sorry, no local companies offering motorcycle training were found.
Our search for companies providing motorcycle training courses in Winston produced no matches.
Rider & Driver Facts in Winston, OR
Winston Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Winston 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1500.
- The deadline to file a report is 72 hours.
Winston Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Winston 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OR 
- Oregon ranked 31st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Winston Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OR 
- In 2012, Oregon totaled 86,123 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 29th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OR ranked 29th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Household Income in Winston, OR
Income: Winston vs. Oregon
Median household income in Winston, OR is $31,437, which is approximately 41 percent less than the median income of $53,395 in the state of Oregon overall. 
Winston, OR Income Breakdown
The city of Winston has a median household income of $31,437, versus $53,395 for the entire state of Oregon and versus $58,283 for the entire U.S. Approximately 20 percent of all households in Winston have an income below poverty level. 
Income: Winston vs. Nation
The Winston, OR median household income of $31,437 is approximately 46 percent less than the $58,283 median income for the U.S. in its entirety. 
Additional information about Oregon
The city of Winston (Oregon) has an approximate population of 5,379 and is located in Douglas County. 
Winston, OR Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Winston, or for additional resources related to Winston Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Oregon Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In some states with harsh winters, riders can opt for insurance coverage that is suspended during winter.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Oregon DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)