Motorcycle Insurance Providers in North Plains, OR
North Plains, OR Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in North Plains
- Minimum Liability Limits in North Plains, OR: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in North Plains 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
North Plains Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of North Plains, OR.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in North Plains 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory when uninsured motorist liability limit is greater than the required financial responsibility.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in North Plains
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in North Plains, OR
Motorcycle License Regulations in North Plains, OR 
Detailed information about North Plains laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in North Plains
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to the holder of a valid license provided any tests and demonstrations are successfully completed.
- Completion of an approved motorcycle rider education course is required to obtain an unrestricted motorcycle endorsement. Courses for 3-wheel motorcycles are not available, and persons wishing to operate only 3-wheel motorcycles must pass a drive test at DMV to obtain an endorsement limited to 3-wheel motorcycle operation.
- A motorcycle instruction permit may be issued only to persons who are at least 16 years old and is valid for 1 year. The holder of a motorcycle instruction permit may only operate a motorcycle during daylight hours, must be accompanied by a motorcycle-endorsed rider on a separate motorcycle who is at least 21 years of age, may not carry any passengers, and must wear an approved helmet.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Plains, OR 
Various regulations and laws in North Plains regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Plains
- The operator of a motorcycle, and all passengers on a motorcycle, must wear an approved safety helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Oregon.
- It is unlawful to carry a passenger on a motorcycle unless the motorcycle is equipped with footrests for the passenger, and the passenger is seated on a permanent and regular seat.
- Motorcycles and mopeds must be equipped with at least 1 and no more than 3 headlights, 1 tail light, 1 brake light, a registration plate light, turn signal lights, and rear reflectors.
- At all times that a motorcycle is operated on a highway, it must display a lighted headlight(s).
Rider & Driver Facts in North Plains, OR
North Plains Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in North Plains 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1500.
- The deadline to file a report is 72 hours.
North Plains Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in North Plains 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OR 
- Oregon ranked 31st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
North Plains Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OR 
- In 2012, Oregon totaled 86,123 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 29th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OR ranked 29th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Oregon
About North Plains
The city of North Plains (Oregon) has an approximate population of 1,947 and is located in Washington County. 
North Plains, OR Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in North Plains, or for additional resources related to North Plains Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Oregon Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Oregon DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)