Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Milwaukie, OR
Milwaukie, OR Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Milwaukie
- Minimum Liability Limits in Milwaukie, OR: 25/50/20 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 20 Required coverage up to $20,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Milwaukie 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Milwaukie Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Milwaukie, OR.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Milwaukie 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory when uninsured motorist liability limit is greater than the required financial responsibility.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Milwaukie
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Milwaukie, OR
Motorcycle License Regulations in Milwaukie, OR 
Detailed information about Milwaukie laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Milwaukie
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to the holder of a valid license provided any tests and demonstrations are successfully completed.
- Completion of an approved motorcycle rider education course is required to obtain an unrestricted motorcycle endorsement. Courses for 3-wheel motorcycles are not available, and persons wishing to operate only 3-wheel motorcycles must pass a drive test at DMV to obtain an endorsement limited to 3-wheel motorcycle operation.
- A motorcycle instruction permit may be issued only to persons who are at least 16 years old and is valid for 1 year. The holder of a motorcycle instruction permit may only operate a motorcycle during daylight hours, must be accompanied by a motorcycle-endorsed rider on a separate motorcycle who is at least 21 years of age, may not carry any passengers, and must wear an approved helmet.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Milwaukie, OR 
Various regulations and laws in Milwaukie regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Milwaukie
- The operator of a motorcycle, and all passengers on a motorcycle, must wear an approved safety helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Oregon.
- It is unlawful to carry a passenger on a motorcycle unless the motorcycle is equipped with footrests for the passenger, and the passenger is seated on a permanent and regular seat.
- Motorcycles and mopeds must be equipped with at least 1 and no more than 3 headlights, 1 tail light, 1 brake light, a registration plate light, turn signal lights, and rear reflectors.
- At all times that a motorcycle is operated on a highway, it must display a lighted headlight(s).
Rider & Driver Facts in Milwaukie, OR
Milwaukie Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Milwaukie 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1500.
- The deadline to file a report is 72 hours.
Milwaukie Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Milwaukie 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (Trucks: 55 mph)
- Urban interstates: 55 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OR 
- Oregon ranked 31st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Milwaukie Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OR 
- In 2012, Oregon totaled 86,123 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 29th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OR ranked 29th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Oregon
The city of Milwaukie (Oregon) has an approximate population of 20,291 and is located in Clackamas County. 
Milwaukie, OR Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Milwaukie, or for additional resources related to Milwaukie Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Oregon Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Much like car insurance, maintaining a good driving record can help keep motorcycle insurance rates low.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Oregon DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)