Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Nichols Hills, OK
Nichols Hills, OK Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Nichols Hills
- Minimum Liability Limits in Nichols Hills, OK: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Nichols Hills 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Nichols Hills Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Nichols Hills, OK.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Nichols Hills 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Nichols Hills
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Nichols Hills, OK
Motorcycle License Regulations in Nichols Hills, OK 
Detailed information about Nichols Hills laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Nichols Hills
- All motorcycle operators are required to obtain a Class A-D motor vehicle license, with a motorcycle endorsement added. There is no separate license for a motorcycle operator.
- Any new applicant for such a license must complete a written exam, vision exam, and driving examination for a motorcycle to be eligible for a motorcycle endorsement. The driving and written tests may be waived upon proof of completion of a certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider course.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Nichols Hills, OK 
Various regulations and laws in Nichols Hills regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Nichols Hills
- Every person under the age of 18 years must wear a helmet.
- A windshield of such dimensions as to protect the operator from foreign objects is required, unless the operator wears either goggles or a face shield.
- No driver of any 2-wheeled motor vehicle may carry any other person on the vehicle, unless the vehicle has a wheel diameter of at least 12 inches, and either a double seating device with double footrests or a side car attachment.
- Handlebars on motorcycles and motor scooters shall not exceed the eye level of the operator.
- One brake light is required on the rear of the vehicle. At least 1 taillight and 1 rear reflector are also required.
Rider & Driver Facts in Nichols Hills, OK
Nichols Hills Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Nichols Hills 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when involving death or injury.
- Crashes involving property damage exceeding $500 must be reported within 6 months.
Nichols Hills Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Nichols Hills 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 70 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OK 
- Oklahoma ranked 27th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Nichols Hills Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OK 
- In 2012, Oklahoma totaled 127,681 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 24th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OK ranked 28th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Oklahoma
About Nichols Hills
The city of Nichols Hills (Oklahoma) has an approximate population of 3,710 and is located in Oklahoma County. 
Nichols Hills, OK Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Nichols Hills, or for additional resources related to Nichols Hills Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Oklahoma Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance for graduates of motorcycle training courses.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Oklahoma DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)