Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Port Washington, OH
Port Washington, OH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Port Washington
- Minimum Liability Limits in Port Washington, OH: 12.5/25/7.5 
- 12.5 Required coverage up to $12,500 for one individual injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 7.5 Required coverage up to $7,500 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Port Washington 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Port Washington Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Port Washington, OH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Port Washington 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Port Washington
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Port Washington, OH
Motorcycle License Regulations in Port Washington, OH 
Detailed information about Port Washington laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Port Washington
- The same age requirements apply to motorcycle licenses as driver's licenses.
- An applicant for a motorcycle operator's endorsement or a restricted license that permits only the operation of a motorcycle shall give an actual demonstration of the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle by driving the same under the supervision of an examining officer unless the applicant can show proof of successful completion within the preceding 60 days of a course of basic instruction provided by the motorcycle safety and education program approved by the director.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Port Washington, OH 
Various regulations and laws in Port Washington regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Port Washington
- No person who is under the age of 18 years, or who holds a motorcycle operator's endorsement or license bearing a 'novice,' shall operate a motorcycle on a highway, or be a passenger on a motorcycle, unless wearing a protective helmet on his or her head, and no other person shall be a passenger on a motorcycle operated by such a person unless similarly wearing a protective helmet.
- Each rider must wear safety glasses or other protective eye device.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The following equipment is required: 1 and no more than 2 headlights, at least 1 taillight/brake light, a horn that can be heard for at least 200 feet, and at least 1 rearview mirror.
- Handlebars may be no higher than the shoulders of the operator when seated.
Rider & Driver Facts in Port Washington, OH
Port Washington Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Port Washington 
- All crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- To obtain a copy of an actual traffic crash report, you will need to contact the investigating police agency.
Port Washington Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Port Washington 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OH 
- Ohio ranked 6th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Port Washington Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OH 
- In 2012, Ohio totaled 339,688 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 7th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OH ranked 7th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Ohio
About Port Washington
The village of Port Washington (Ohio) has an approximate population of 569 and is located in Tuscarawas County. 
Port Washington, OH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Port Washington, or for additional resources related to Port Washington Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Ohio DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)