Motorcycle Insurance Providers in North Olmsted, OH
North Olmsted, OH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in North Olmsted
- Minimum Liability Limits in North Olmsted, OH: 12.5/25/7.5 
- 12.5 Required coverage up to $12,500 for one individual injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 7.5 Required coverage up to $7,500 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in North Olmsted 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
North Olmsted Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of North Olmsted, OH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in North Olmsted 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in North Olmsted
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in North Olmsted, OH
Motorcycle License Regulations in North Olmsted, OH 
Detailed information about North Olmsted laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in North Olmsted
- The same age requirements apply to motorcycle licenses as driver's licenses.
- An applicant for a motorcycle operator's endorsement or a restricted license that permits only the operation of a motorcycle shall give an actual demonstration of the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle by driving the same under the supervision of an examining officer unless the applicant can show proof of successful completion within the preceding 60 days of a course of basic instruction provided by the motorcycle safety and education program approved by the director.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Olmsted, OH 
Various regulations and laws in North Olmsted regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Olmsted
- No person who is under the age of 18 years, or who holds a motorcycle operator's endorsement or license bearing a 'novice,' shall operate a motorcycle on a highway, or be a passenger on a motorcycle, unless wearing a protective helmet on his or her head, and no other person shall be a passenger on a motorcycle operated by such a person unless similarly wearing a protective helmet.
- Each rider must wear safety glasses or other protective eye device.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The following equipment is required: 1 and no more than 2 headlights, at least 1 taillight/brake light, a horn that can be heard for at least 200 feet, and at least 1 rearview mirror.
- Handlebars may be no higher than the shoulders of the operator when seated.
Rider & Driver Facts in North Olmsted, OH
North Olmsted Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in North Olmsted 
- All crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- To obtain a copy of an actual traffic crash report, you will need to contact the investigating police agency.
North Olmsted Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in North Olmsted 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OH 
- Ohio ranked 6th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
North Olmsted Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OH 
- In 2012, Ohio totaled 339,688 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 7th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OH ranked 7th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Ohio
About North Olmsted
The city of North Olmsted (Ohio) has an approximate population of 32,718 and is located in Cuyahoga County. 
North Olmsted, OH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in North Olmsted, or for additional resources related to North Olmsted Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Ohio DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)