Motorcycle Insurance Providers in North Canton, OH
North Canton, OH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in North Canton
- Minimum Liability Limits in North Canton, OH: 12.5/25/7.5 
- 12.5 Required coverage up to $12,500 for one individual injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 7.5 Required coverage up to $7,500 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in North Canton 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
North Canton Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of North Canton, OH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in North Canton 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in North Canton
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in North Canton, OH
Motorcycle License Regulations in North Canton, OH 
Detailed information about North Canton laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in North Canton
- The same age requirements apply to motorcycle licenses as driver's licenses.
- An applicant for a motorcycle operator's endorsement or a restricted license that permits only the operation of a motorcycle shall give an actual demonstration of the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle by driving the same under the supervision of an examining officer unless the applicant can show proof of successful completion within the preceding 60 days of a course of basic instruction provided by the motorcycle safety and education program approved by the director.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Canton, OH 
Various regulations and laws in North Canton regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in North Canton
- No person who is under the age of 18 years, or who holds a motorcycle operator's endorsement or license bearing a 'novice,' shall operate a motorcycle on a highway, or be a passenger on a motorcycle, unless wearing a protective helmet on his or her head, and no other person shall be a passenger on a motorcycle operated by such a person unless similarly wearing a protective helmet.
- Each rider must wear safety glasses or other protective eye device.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The following equipment is required: 1 and no more than 2 headlights, at least 1 taillight/brake light, a horn that can be heard for at least 200 feet, and at least 1 rearview mirror.
- Handlebars may be no higher than the shoulders of the operator when seated.
Rider & Driver Facts in North Canton, OH
North Canton Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in North Canton 
- All crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- To obtain a copy of an actual traffic crash report, you will need to contact the investigating police agency.
North Canton Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in North Canton 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OH 
- Ohio ranked 6th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
North Canton Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OH 
- In 2012, Ohio totaled 339,688 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 7th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OH ranked 7th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Ohio
About North Canton
The city of North Canton (Ohio) has an approximate population of 17,488 and is located in Stark County. 
North Canton, OH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in North Canton, or for additional resources related to North Canton Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Ohio DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)