Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Martinsburg, OH
Martinsburg, OH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Martinsburg
- Minimum Liability Limits in Martinsburg, OH: 12.5/25/7.5 
- 12.5 Required coverage up to $12,500 for one individual injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 7.5 Required coverage up to $7,500 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Martinsburg 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Martinsburg Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Martinsburg, OH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Martinsburg 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Martinsburg
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Martinsburg, OH
Motorcycle License Regulations in Martinsburg, OH 
Detailed information about Martinsburg laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Martinsburg
- The same age requirements apply to motorcycle licenses as driver's licenses.
- An applicant for a motorcycle operator's endorsement or a restricted license that permits only the operation of a motorcycle shall give an actual demonstration of the ability to exercise ordinary and reasonable control in the operation of a motorcycle by driving the same under the supervision of an examining officer unless the applicant can show proof of successful completion within the preceding 60 days of a course of basic instruction provided by the motorcycle safety and education program approved by the director.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Martinsburg, OH 
Various regulations and laws in Martinsburg regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Martinsburg
- No person who is under the age of 18 years, or who holds a motorcycle operator's endorsement or license bearing a 'novice,' shall operate a motorcycle on a highway, or be a passenger on a motorcycle, unless wearing a protective helmet on his or her head, and no other person shall be a passenger on a motorcycle operated by such a person unless similarly wearing a protective helmet.
- Each rider must wear safety glasses or other protective eye device.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The following equipment is required: 1 and no more than 2 headlights, at least 1 taillight/brake light, a horn that can be heard for at least 200 feet, and at least 1 rearview mirror.
- Handlebars may be no higher than the shoulders of the operator when seated.
Rider & Driver Facts in Martinsburg, OH
Martinsburg Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Martinsburg 
- All crashes are required to be immediately reported.
- To obtain a copy of an actual traffic crash report, you will need to contact the investigating police agency.
Martinsburg Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Martinsburg 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in OH 
- Ohio ranked 6th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Martinsburg Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in OH 
- In 2012, Ohio totaled 339,688 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 7th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: OH ranked 7th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Ohio
The village of Martinsburg (Ohio) has an approximate population of 237 and is located in Knox County. 
Martinsburg, OH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Martinsburg, or for additional resources related to Martinsburg Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Ohio DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)