Motorcycle Insurance Providers in High Point, NC
High Point, NC Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in High Point
- Minimum Liability Limits in High Point, NC: 30/60/25 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in High Point 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
High Point Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of High Point, NC.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in High Point 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory in policies with uninsured motorist limits exceeding 30/60.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in High Point
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in High Point, NC
Motorcycle License Regulations in High Point, NC 
Detailed information about High Point laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in High Point
- To drive a motorcycle, a person shall have a full provisional license with a motorcycle learner's permit, a regular driver's license with a motorcycle learner's permit, a full provisional license with a motorcycle endorsement, or a regular driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement.
- To obtain a motorcycle endorsement, an applicant must pass a knowledge test concerning motorcycles, pay the fee, and either pass a road test or provide proof of successful completion of the North Carolina motorcycle safety education program basic rider course or experienced rider course, or any other approved course for this purpose.
- An applicant must pass a vision test, road sign test, and written test to obtain a motorcycle learner's permit. A motorcycle learner's permit is valid for 12 months after it is issued, and may be renewed for one additional 6-month period.
- Motorcycle Learner's Permit: A person who is 16 or 17 years old and has a full provisional license, or a person who is at least 18 years old and has a valid license, is eligible for a motorcycle learner's permit.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in High Point, NC 
Various regulations and laws in High Point regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in High Point
- The operator and all passengers of a motorcycle or moped must wear a protective helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in North Carolina.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with either 1 or 2 headlamps that shall be lighted at all times when the motorcycle is in operation. Lights must be on at all times.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with a rearview mirror that provides a clear, undistorted, and unobstructed view of at least 200 feet to the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in High Point, NC
High Point Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in High Point 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
High Point Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in High Point 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NC 
- North Carolina ranked 9th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
High Point Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NC 
- In 2012, North Carolina totaled 199,205 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 16th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NC ranked 12th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about North Carolina
About High Point
The city of High Point (North Carolina) has an approximate population of 104,371 and is located in Guilford County. 
High Point, NC Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in High Point, or for additional resources related to High Point Motorcycle Insurance, visit the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or North Carolina DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)