Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Asheboro, NC
Asheboro, NC Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Asheboro
- Minimum Liability Limits in Asheboro, NC: 30/60/25 
- 30 Required coverage up to $30,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 60 Required coverage up to $60,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Asheboro 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Asheboro Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Asheboro, NC.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Asheboro 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Note: Underinsured motorist coverage is mandatory in policies with uninsured motorist limits exceeding 30/60.
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Asheboro
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Asheboro, NC
Motorcycle License Regulations in Asheboro, NC 
Detailed information about Asheboro laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Asheboro
- To drive a motorcycle, a person shall have a full provisional license with a motorcycle learner's permit, a regular driver's license with a motorcycle learner's permit, a full provisional license with a motorcycle endorsement, or a regular driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement.
- To obtain a motorcycle endorsement, an applicant must pass a knowledge test concerning motorcycles, pay the fee, and either pass a road test or provide proof of successful completion of the North Carolina motorcycle safety education program basic rider course or experienced rider course, or any other approved course for this purpose.
- An applicant must pass a vision test, road sign test, and written test to obtain a motorcycle learner's permit. A motorcycle learner's permit is valid for 12 months after it is issued, and may be renewed for one additional 6-month period.
- Motorcycle Learner's Permit: A person who is 16 or 17 years old and has a full provisional license, or a person who is at least 18 years old and has a valid license, is eligible for a motorcycle learner's permit.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Asheboro, NC 
Various regulations and laws in Asheboro regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Asheboro
- The operator and all passengers of a motorcycle or moped must wear a protective helmet.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in North Carolina.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with either 1 or 2 headlamps that shall be lighted at all times when the motorcycle is in operation. Lights must be on at all times.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with a rearview mirror that provides a clear, undistorted, and unobstructed view of at least 200 feet to the rear.
Rider & Driver Facts in Asheboro, NC
Asheboro Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Asheboro 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $1,000.
Asheboro Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Asheboro 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NC 
- North Carolina ranked 9th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Asheboro Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NC 
- In 2012, North Carolina totaled 199,205 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 16th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NC ranked 12th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about North Carolina
The city of Asheboro (North Carolina) has an approximate population of 25,012 and is located in Randolph County. 
Asheboro, NC Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Asheboro, or for additional resources related to Asheboro Motorcycle Insurance, visit the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or North Carolina DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)