Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Great Neck Estates, NY
Great Neck Estates, NY Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Great Neck Estates
- Minimum Liability Limits in Great Neck Estates, NY: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must have $50,000/$100,000 for wrongful death coverage.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Great Neck Estates 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Great Neck Estates Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Great Neck Estates, NY.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Great Neck Estates 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Great Neck Estates
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Great Neck Estates, NY
Motorcycle License Regulations in Great Neck Estates, NY 
Detailed information about Great Neck Estates laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Great Neck Estates
- Class M or MJ license is required.
- Class MJ: The holder shall be at least 16 years of age and may operate any motorcycle. The holder may not drive in the city of New York. Such license will automatically become a class M license when the holder turns 18.
- Class M: The holder may operate a motorcycle, or a motorcycle towing a trailer. The holder shall be at least 18 years of age, or 17 years of age if they have successfully completed a driver's education course.
- A 4-hour motorcycle training class required.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Great Neck Estates, NY 
Various regulations and laws in Great Neck Estates regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Great Neck Estates
- No person may operate a motorcycle without a helmet.
- No person may operate a motorcycle goggles, or a face shield, and a rearview mirror so adjusted that the driver has a clear view of the road and condition of traffic behind such motorcycle.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- No motorcycle shall be operated with handlebars or grips more than the height of the operator's shoulders.
- All motorcycles must have: a device for signaling, at least 1 red reflector attached to the rear, 1 red or amber stop lamp, and shall.
Rider & Driver Facts in Great Neck Estates, NY
Great Neck Estates Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Great Neck Estates 
- Crashes must be reported in cases of death, injury, or if property damage exceeds $1,000.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Great Neck Estates Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Great Neck Estates 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NY 
- New York ranked 4th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Great Neck Estates Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NY 
- In 2012, New York totaled 345,412 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 6th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NY ranked 5th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about New York
About Great Neck Estates
The village of Great Neck Estates (New York) has an approximate population of 2,761 and is located in Nassau County. 
Great Neck Estates, NY Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Great Neck Estates, or for additional resources related to Great Neck Estates Motorcycle Insurance, visit the New York Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or New York DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)