Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Tatum, NM
Tatum, NM Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Tatum
- Minimum Liability Limits in Tatum, NM: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Tatum 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
Tatum Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Tatum, NM.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Tatum 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Tatum
- Motorcycle helmets required for 17 and younger. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Tatum, NM
Motorcycle License Regulations in Tatum, NM 
Detailed information about Tatum laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Tatum
- First-time applicants for a motorcycle license or an endorsement on their New Mexico driver's license may be required to complete a motorcycle driver education program as prescribed by the rules and regulations of the bureau.
- A restricted motorcycle license may be issued to any person 13 years of age or older who passes an examination prescribed by the MVD.
- A Class M license allows the holder to operate a 2- or 3-wheeled motorcycle.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Tatum, NM 
Various regulations and laws in Tatum regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Tatum
- Persons under the age of 18 are required to wear a helmet while riding on a motorcycle.
- Any person operating a motorcycle not having a fixed windshield of a type approved by regulation of the secretary shall wear an eye protective device which may be a faceshield attached to a safety helmet, goggles or safety eyeglasses.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- The motorcycle must have a permanent and regular seat for each rider along with footrests and must be equipped with at least 1 headlamp on the front.
- No motorcycle shall be equipped in a manner such that it is incapable of turning a 90-degree angle within a circle having a radius of not more than 14 feet.
Rider & Driver Facts in Tatum, NM
Tatum Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Tatum 
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported in cases of death or injury.
- Crashes are required to be immediately reported when property damage exceeds $500.
Tatum Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Tatum 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 75 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NM 
- New Mexico ranked 35th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Tatum Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NM 
- In 2012, New Mexico totaled 66,666 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 37th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NM ranked 37th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about New Mexico
The town of Tatum (New Mexico) has an approximate population of 798 and is located in Lea County. 
Tatum, NM Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Tatum, or for additional resources related to Tatum Motorcycle Insurance, visit the New Mexico Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or New Mexico DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)