Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Dover, NH
Dover, NH Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Dover
- Minimum Liability Limits in Dover, NH: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Note: In addition, policyholders must also carry at least $2,000 for medical payments.
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Dover 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
Dover Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Dover, NH.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Dover 
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Financial responsibility only (insurance not compulsory)
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Dover
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Dover, NH
Motorcycle License Regulations in Dover, NH 
Detailed information about Dover laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Dover
- Motorcycle Learner's Permit: Upon application, the DMV shall issue a motorcycle learner's permit to a person age 18 or older or to a person who is 16 or 17 and has successfully completed an approved driver education course and holds a valid NH drivers license. Applicants for such permit shall furnish proof of their fitness to drive a motorcycle, including either passing a of a written basic motorcycle knowledge test or successful completion of the motorcycle rider education program.
- A motorcycle learner's permit shall permit the holder of such permit to drive a motorcycle on any road after sunrise and before sunset. Passengers are prohibited. The permit shall be valid for 45 days from the date of issuance or until the holder of the permit obtains a special license to drive motorcycles.
- Class D: Non-Commercial Operator's License. May also be 'moped only,' 'motorcycle only' or 'motorcycle also.'
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Dover, NH 
Various regulations and laws in Dover regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Dover
- Protective headgear is required for motorcycle operators or passengers under age 18.
- If a motorcycle is not equipped with a windshield or screen which protects the driver's eyes and face when the driver is sitting erect, the driver shall wear either eyeglasses, goggles, or a protective face shield when driving the motorcycle.
- Every motorcycle shall have footrests for each person driving or riding.
- A person operating a motorcycle shall ride only upon the permanent and regular seat attached thereto. Such driver shall not carry any other person nor shall any other person ride on a motorcycle unless such motorcycle is designed to carry more than 1 person.
- Motorcycles must be equipped on the rear with, whether as part of the tail lamps or separately, 1 red reflector.
Rider & Driver Facts in Dover, NH
Dover Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Dover 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 15 days.
Dover Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Dover 
- Rural interstates: 65 mph (70 mph on specified segments of road)
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 55 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NH 
- New Hampshire ranked 41st in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Dover Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NH 
- In 2012, New Hampshire totaled 79,877 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 32nd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NH ranked 40th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about New Hampshire
The city of Dover (New Hampshire) has an approximate population of 29,987 and is located in Strafford County. 
Dover, NH Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Dover, or for additional resources related to Dover Motorcycle Insurance, visit the New Hampshire Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, laws requiring only some motorcyclists to wear a helmet are in place in 28 states.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or New Hampshire DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)