Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Holdrege, NE
Holdrege, NE Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Holdrege
- Minimum Liability Limits in Holdrege, NE: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Holdrege 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Holdrege Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Holdrege, NE.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Holdrege 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Holdrege
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Holdrege, NE
Motorcycle License Regulations in Holdrege, NE 
Detailed information about Holdrege laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Holdrege
- Learner's Permit (LPE or LPD): The applicant must pass a vision test before obtaining either permit and must also pass a written test for an LPD. The permit authorizes the holder to operate a motorcycle if he or she is within visible contact and is under the supervision of a person who is age 21 or older and a licensed motorcycle operator.
- Class M: Applicant must pass a vision and written test. Applicant must also successfully complete a drive test. This examination may be waived if the applicant presents proof of successful completion of a DMV-approved motorcycle safety course within the immediately preceding 48 months.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Holdrege, NE 
Various regulations and laws in Holdrege regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Holdrege
- A person shall not operate or be a passenger on a motorcycle unless such person is wearing a protective helmet of the type and design meeting U.S. Department of Transportation standards. The helmet must also be secured properly on the operator or passenger's head with a chin strap.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Nebraska.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A motorcycle shall be entitled to full use of a traffic lane of any highway, and no vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of such lane, except that motorcycles may be operated two abreast in a single lane.
- No person who rides upon a motorcycle shall attach himself, herself, or the motorcycle to any other vehicle on a roadway.
Rider & Driver Facts in Holdrege, NE
Holdrege Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Holdrege 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Holdrege Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Holdrege 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NE 
- Nebraska ranked 37th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Holdrege Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NE 
- In 2012, Nebraska totaled 52,853 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 42nd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NE ranked 35th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Nebraska
The city of Holdrege (Nebraska) has an approximate population of 5,495 and is located in Phelps County. 
Holdrege, NE Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Holdrege, or for additional resources related to Holdrege Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Nebraska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
The type, style and age of the motorcycle you ride can affect how much you pay in motorcycle insurance premiums.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Nebraska DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)