Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Allen, NE
Allen, NE Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Allen
- Minimum Liability Limits in Allen, NE: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Allen 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify financial responsibility or insurance after an accident or arrest.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Allen Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Allen, NE.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Allen 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Allen
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Allen, NE
Motorcycle License Regulations in Allen, NE 
Detailed information about Allen laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Allen
- Learner's Permit (LPE or LPD): The applicant must pass a vision test before obtaining either permit and must also pass a written test for an LPD. The permit authorizes the holder to operate a motorcycle if he or she is within visible contact and is under the supervision of a person who is age 21 or older and a licensed motorcycle operator.
- Class M: Applicant must pass a vision and written test. Applicant must also successfully complete a drive test. This examination may be waived if the applicant presents proof of successful completion of a DMV-approved motorcycle safety course within the immediately preceding 48 months.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Allen, NE 
Various regulations and laws in Allen regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Allen
- A person shall not operate or be a passenger on a motorcycle unless such person is wearing a protective helmet of the type and design meeting U.S. Department of Transportation standards. The helmet must also be secured properly on the operator or passenger's head with a chin strap.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Nebraska.
- Passenger footrest required if carrying a passenger.
- A motorcycle shall be entitled to full use of a traffic lane of any highway, and no vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of such lane, except that motorcycles may be operated two abreast in a single lane.
- No person who rides upon a motorcycle shall attach himself, herself, or the motorcycle to any other vehicle on a roadway.
Rider & Driver Facts in Allen, NE
Allen Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Allen 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $1000.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Allen Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Allen 
- Rural interstates: 75 mph
- Urban interstates: 65 mph
- Other roads: 60 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in NE 
- Nebraska ranked 37th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Allen Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in NE 
- In 2012, Nebraska totaled 52,853 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 42nd in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: NE ranked 35th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Nebraska
The village of Allen (Nebraska) has an approximate population of 377 and is located in Dixon County. 
Allen, NE Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Allen, or for additional resources related to Allen Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Nebraska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were about 8.5 million motorcycles on the road in 2012.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Nebraska DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)