Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Hermitage, MO
Hermitage, MO Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Hermitage
- Minimum Liability Limits in Hermitage, MO: 25/50/10 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 10 Required coverage up to $10,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Hermitage 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurer must verify randomly selected insurance policies upon request.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Hermitage Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Hermitage, MO.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Hermitage 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Hermitage
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Hermitage, MO
Motorcycle License Regulations in Hermitage, MO 
Detailed information about Hermitage laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Hermitage
- It is unlawful to operate a motorcycle or motor-tricycle unless the operator has a valid license that shows the operator has successfully passed an examination for the operation of the vehicle. Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces may waive the driving skills portion of the examination by submitting a proof of completion card from a military Motorcycle Rider Training Course.
- Any person at least 15 1/2 years of age who, except for age or lack of instruction in operating a motor vehicle, would otherwise be qualified to obtain a motorcycle or motor-tricycle license or endorsement, may apply, with the written consent of the parent or guardian of such person, for a temporary motorcycle instruction permit to operate a motorcycle or motor-tricycle.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hermitage, MO 
Various regulations and laws in Hermitage regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Hermitage
- Every person riding on or operating a motorcycle or motor-tricycle shall wear protective headgear.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Missouri.
- Every motorcycle shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 headlamps. Every motorcycle equipped with a sidecar or other attachment shall be equipped with a lamp on the outside limit of such attachment capable of displaying a white light to the front.
- Required equipment: 1 rearview mirror, horn, fuel tank cap, license plate, muffler, registration card, tires approved for highway use, and turn signals (if equipped by manufacturer).
- There is no passenger age restriction in Missouri.
Rider & Driver Facts in Hermitage, MO
Hermitage Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Hermitage 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 5 days.
Hermitage Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Hermitage 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 60 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MO 
- Missouri ranked 14th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Hermitage Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MO 
- In 2012, Missouri totaled 175,887 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 19th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MO ranked 18th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Missouri
The city of Hermitage (Missouri) has an approximate population of 467 and is located in Hickory County. 
Hermitage, MO Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Hermitage, or for additional resources related to Hermitage Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Missouri Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2013, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, down 5.4% from 93,000 in 2012 (Insurance Information Institute)
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Missouri DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)