Motorcycle Insurance Providers in Olive Branch, MS
Olive Branch, MS Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Requirements in Olive Branch
- Minimum Liability Limits in Olive Branch, MS: 25/50/25 
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for one individual injured in an accident
- 50 Required coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident
- 25 Required coverage up to $25,000 for property damage in an accident
- Insurer Verification of Insurance in Olive Branch 
- Insurer must notify Department of Motor Vehicles or other state agency of cancellation or nonrenewal.
- Insurers must submit entire list of insurance in effect, which may be compared with registrations at a state agency. Also known as a computer data law.
Olive Branch Motorcycle Insurance Liability Requirements
Mandatory motorcycle insurance coverage for riders in the state of Olive Branch, MS.
- Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in Olive Branch 
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Olive Branch
- Motorcycle helmets required for all riders. 
Motorcycle Insurance Laws & Regulations in Olive Branch, MS
Motorcycle License Regulations in Olive Branch, MS 
Detailed information about Olive Branch laws and regulations regarding obtaining and maintaining a motorcycle license in the state.
- Motorcycle License Laws in Olive Branch
- A restricted motorcycle license can be issued to any applicant who fulfills all the requirements necessary to obtain such a license. The license allows the person to operate a motorcycle and no other motor vehicle.
- A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to any person who holds a valid Mississippi driver's license and meets the requirements for endorsement.
Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Olive Branch, MS 
Various regulations and laws in Olive Branch regarding riders and passengers of motorcycles, as well as the equipment used on bikes.
- Motorcycle Equipment Laws in Olive Branch
- All riders of a motorcycle or motor scooter are required to wear a crash helmet that is designed, inspected, and approved by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.
- Eye protection is not required for riders in Mississippi.
- Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and annoying smoke.
- No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway.
- There is no passenger age restriction in Mississippi.
Rider & Driver Facts in Olive Branch, MS
Olive Branch Accident Reporting Regulations
- Accident Reporting in Olive Branch 
- Crashes are required to be reported in cases of death, injury, or when property damage exceeds $500.
- The deadline to file a report is 10 days.
Olive Branch Highway Facts
- Speed Limits in Olive Branch 
- Rural interstates: 70 mph
- Urban interstates: 70 mph
- Other roads: 65 mph
- Consumption of Motor Fuel in MS 
- Mississippi ranked 29th in the U.S. in 2011 in total motor fuel consumption.
Olive Branch Motorcycle Registrations
- Registered Riders in MS 
- In 2012, Mississippi totaled 28,264 motorcycles registrations.
- This number ranks 50th in the United States by state (including Washington, D.C.).
- Note: MS ranked 34th in the nation in total auto registrations (all vehicle types) in 2011.
Additional information about Mississippi
About Olive Branch
The city of Olive Branch (Mississippi) has an approximate population of 33,484 and is located in DeSoto County. 
Olive Branch, MS Motorcycle Insurance
To learn more about about Motorcycle Insurance in Olive Branch, or for additional resources related to Olive Branch Motorcycle Insurance, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
Currently, 19 states and the District of Columbia have laws requiring all motorcyclists to wear a helmet.
1. ^ Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCIAA)
2. ^ Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
3. ^ AAA Digest of Motor Laws and/or Mississippi DOT
4. ^ U.S. Department of Transportation
5. ^ Federal Highway Administration
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)